Merchant Automotive 2001-2010 Chev/GMC Oil Cooler Seal and Gasket Kit – 10507
With the oil cooler on your Duramax diesel engine being such an important part of your oil system, it is crucial to keep it running as efficiently as possible. Over time, your engine oil cooler’s seals and gaskets can start to leak, leading to the possibility of catastrophic failure of your oil cooler or other vital engine components. This all in one Duramax engine oil cooler seal and gasket kit will include everything you need to restore and reinstall your engine oil cooler on your 2001-2010 Duramax engine.
This kit includes the outlet gasket, inlet gasket, and oil cooler seal to replace an already disassembled oil cooler.
Note- From 2001-2004 original coolers used a flat metal gasket where the cooler separates. This kit will not replace that gasket and cooler should be replaced.
If you have the newer style oil cooler, you may also need to order: Oil Cooler To Block Seal.
- Direct Replacement
- OEM Like Fitment
- All In One Kit
- Everything Needed To Reseal Oil Cooler
- Great For Restoring Oil Cooler
- Helps To Repair Leaks
What’s In The Box
- 1x Engine Oil Cooler Seal, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH, 2001-2016 Duramax – #97358847
- 1x Engine Oil Cooler Seal, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH, 2001-2016 Duramax – #9718663
- 1x Heater Outlet Pipe Seal At Oil Cooler, LMM, 2007.5-2010 Duramax – #94011614
- 1x Gasket – Oil Cooler Elbow, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH, 2001-2016 Duramax – #97192666
- 1x Oil Cooler Seal, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH L5P 2001-2018 Duramax – #97216175
- 1x Oil Cooler Seal, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH, 2001-2016 Duramax – #94399279
- 1x Water Pump Pipe To Cooler Seal, LB7 LY LBZ LMM LML LGH L5P, 2001-2018 Duramax – #94011702
- 1x Engine Oil Cooler Outlet Gasket, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH L5P, 2001-2018 Duramax – #12640849
- 1x Engine Oil Cooler Inlet Gasket, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH L5P, 2001-2018 Duramax – #12640850
- 1x Gasket – Oil Cooler To Rear Cover, LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML LGH L5P, 2001-2018 Duramax – #97192667
Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Or Bad Duramax Oil Cooler
The oil cooler on your Duramax is a vital component of your Duramax Diesel engine’s oil system. When these fail, they can cause catastrophic damage to your Duramax diesel, leaving you with a hefty repair bill. Replacing your failing or bad oil cooler should be done anytime you notice the following symptoms:
- Oil Leaking From Cooler Area
- Coolant Leaking From Cooler Area
- Oil Leaking Into Cooling System
- Coolant Leaking Into The Oil System
While these symptoms can mean other problems on your Duramax, it is always a good idea to test the cooler and inspect the oil system for any signs of metal or coolant. Catastrophic failure of your oil cooler can cause irreversible damage to your Duramax engine.
2500HD 3500 Silverado Sierra 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel:
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
2500 3500 LLY LMM Van Express Savana 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel:
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010