PPE Heavy-Duty 68RFE Transmission Pan Dodge Ram 2007.5 to 2021 – Brushed – PPE 228052110
PPE’s new flat-bottom transmission pan for the Ram 68RFE transmission is constructed from high-quality cast aluminum.
This pan features internal heat sinks and external cooling fins. These cooling fins, combined with the increased capacity aluminum construction, promote reduced transmission fluid temperatures. Cooler fluid lubricates better which helps increase transmission service life.
This new pan comes with a Neodymium-equipped, 1-inch stainless steel drain plug to remove harmful ferrous particles from the transmission fluid. Kit includes two NPT plugs and access ports for temperature probes. Upgrade the spin-on transmission filter with our PPE 228052150 Transmission Filter which has 57% larger filtration media for the best protection to your transmission.
In testing, we used a 2013 2500 Cummins-powered Ram towing a 13,000 lb travel trailer. We took the pair on a 900-mile loop through city traffic, steep hill climbs as well as wide-open, flat highway runs. Transmission temperatures never went over 200 degrees. After cresting the top of hills, transmission temperatures also dropped much quicker than they did with the factory-installed stamped steel pan.
Unloaded temperatures were consistently 10 degrees (or lower) below those measured with a factory pan.
- Increases fluid capacity by 3 quarts
- 3/4’’ inch external fins improve heat dissipation, lower transmission fluid temperature and increase housing strength
- 1’’ internal baffles improve heat dissipation and reduce sloshing
- One-inch Neodymium-magnet-equipped 304 stainless steel drain plug with Viton O-ring
- Dual NPT ports (1/8-in and 1/4-in)
- Gussets provide extra support and increase overall robustness
- Compatible with OEM gasket
- Compatible with PPE Premium High-Efficiency Transmission Fluid Filter (228052150)
- Limited lifetime warranty
- 2007.5-2021 Dodge Ram 2500HD/3500HD Trucks w/ 6.7L Cummins Diesel and 68RFE 6-Speed Automatic
- Fits 45RFE and 545RFE with no exhaust pipe or the cross member interference
- Replaces 228052010